- 1½ cups plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Dark Chocolate Grated (for decoration)
- Maple Syrup Drizzled (for decoration)
- Place the Dry Ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and place the Wet Ingredients in the well. Whisk until smooth
- Melt ½ tsp butter in a non stick fry pan over medium heat. Once melted, wipe most of the butter off with a paper towel.
- Dollop ¼ cup of batter into the fry pan. Working quickly, place 2 spoons of Nutella in the middle of the batter, then top with batter to cover the Nutella
- When bubbles start appearing around the edges around 2 minutes, lift up the edge and make sure the underside is golden. Then flip and cook until the other side is golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with grated dark chocolate and maple syrup 🙂